Having the perfect amount of space in your home is crucial for you to be able to organise your home in the most efficient and aesthetic manner. Not only will a room addition make your home more spacious, but it will make your home more appealing overall to you and to any guests you may have.
Additionally, the addition of a room into your home will only increase its value, making it an investment that’s worth considering. It does take the combination and synchronisation of architects, engineers, project managers, builders, and the city’s approvals.
Style & Structure comes in with a team of experts, i.e. room addition contractor in San Diego, who’s got a bottomless list of room addition ideas for small or big homes, living room addition, family room addition to the back of your house, etc. to help you customise your rooms.
OUR ROOM ADDITIONS SERVICE
Our team provides unmatched customer service as well as an astounding quality of work so that your current home becomes your dream home.
What are you waiting for? Contact us today, if you want room addition contractor in San Diego or need a custom home builder.
- Bedrooms additions
- Closets and pantries
- Bathroom additions
- In-law suites
- Basement additions
- Garage additions
- Sun rooms and screened porches
- Attic dormers
- Kitchen additions
- Deck additions
- Second story additions
WE ALSO PROVIDE A COMPLETE CUSTOM HOME BUILD SERVICE
When building a new home in the San Diego area, the first step is making the right choice for your new home construction.
With more than 18 years of experience you can trust Style & Structure Premier Builders during each stage of your new home plans.
Need small house extension ideas, front house extension, house roof extension, single storey house extension or more – our team of home remodeling contractors are there for you!
From home kitchen remodeling and bathroom remodel design to an outdoor living area and everything in between, our team will help you build the home of your dreams. Each detail is perfectly attuned to the lifestyle you and your family deserve.
We will assist you with evaluating the land before making a purchase or to assess the feasibility of the property you already own. We will review the grading, potential coastal regulations, utility issues, fire road access and more.
During this advisory phase, we will discuss the desired scope of your new home and begin to gather the information necessary to prepare a preliminary design and budget. From a whole home remodel to a new room addition to a complete teardown and rebuild – we will offer advice about the best approach for your needs, desires, and budget.
WHY CHOOSE STYLE & STRUCTURE INC AS YOUR ROOM ADDITION CONTRACTOR IN SAN DIEGO?
- The process of room additions, house extension or custom home build is one that requires patience and close communication. Room addition projects are of a larger scale than your typical room remodeling, meaning that they will take more time and will be harder to design.
- Style & Structure Premier Builders has a team of designers who can guarantee efficient and transparent communication with you so that the best decisions are agreed upon when it comes to building a room addition or custom home build. Because of this, there will be better quality overall.
- Being fully licensed general contractors inSan Diego for years, we have been able to gain experience with countless satisfied clients when it comes to room additions and custom home build projects.
- This means that you can trust our team to give you honest feedback on the design and to execute the project to perfection in a timely manner. It will be helpful if you have an idea of how you would want the new room to be like.
- Engaging Style & Structure Premier Builders for your room addition means that you’ll have to deal with fewer surprises or unexpected delays. We understand what you need as well as the whole process from start to finish.
- You’ll save both time and money as our team will be able to streamline the project with effective material use as well as build technique straight from the start. We understand your need to optimise the house extension cost. Considering it, we ensure that no material is wasted and that the entire process, from design conceptualisation to finishing touches is as efficient as possible.
- If you feel like your home lacks room, consider custom home build services. You will have better control as with just a single firm handling design and build, as compared to having to deal with multiple companies.
- Contact us today for cost estimates and our team will be happy to help you with your project needs. Whether it’s a room addition project, kitchen remodeling project, bathroom remodeling project or custom remodeling project, we’re excited to work with you!
SERVING THE BAY AREA AND SAN DIEGO COUNTY SINCE 2016!
We at Style and Structure, licensed and established general contractor and construction company in San Diego & La Jolla, CA, are ready to offer you the best home remodeling services and price available in the market without compromising the quality of our work. We offer complete home remodeling, kitchen remodeling services, room additions services, bathroom remodeling services, ADUs, granny flats and more.
OUR SERVICE COVERAGE
BAY AREA SERVICE LOCATIONS
Pleasant Hill, CA / Dublin, CA / Oakland, CA / Redwood City, CA / Cupertino, CA
Danville, CA / Berkeley, CA / Walnut Creek, CA / Burlingame, CA / Mountain View, CA
Alamo, CA / Lafayette, CA / Piedmont, CA / San Jose, CA / Sunnyvale, CA
Concord, CA / Moraga, CA / Emeryville, CA / Lose Altos, CA / Corte Madera, CA
San Ramon, CA / Orinda, CA / San Mateo, CA / Palo Alto, CA / San Rafael, CA
Pleasanton, CA / Clayton, CA / Menlo Park, CA / Santa Clara, CA
SAN DIEGO SERVICE LOCATIONS
La Jolla, CA / Carlsbad, CA / Encinitas, CA / Oceanside, CA / Escondido, CA
Chula Vista, CA / Poway, CA / Point Loma, CA / Clairmont, CA / Vista, CA
Del Mar, CA / National City, CA / Hillcrest, CA / Carlsbad, CA / Bird Rock, CA
FAQS ON OUR ROOM ADDITIONS SERVICE
How much will I have to spend on a room addition?
At the risk of sounding vague, we need to say that it really depends on the type of addition you plan on having. Adding large spaces which require dismantling of pre-existing walls is usually a labour intensive job and costs more. Similarly, factors like design, choice of materials, location, etc determine the overall budget for room addition.
The best way to determine how much you will have to fork out is to get an exact estimate from your contractor.
Talk to one of our team members if you’re concerned about how much you need to spend and we’ll work through what can be done on your budget.
How much do room additions cost?
Room additions usually cost on average from $100 to $200 per square foot. Factors that affect price include materials, style, labor costs, design charges and even city fees.
To get a general idea on what influences the cost of room addition to your house and how to stay within a specific budget for room additions, you can check out our articles.
Are there any zoning restrictions that I should be aware of?
Local zoning laws differ for each area and thus, you will need to check if there are any restrictions pertaining to your particular property. Height restrictions should also be considered.
One of the best ways to make sure that you can go ahead with the planned addition before actually starting on it is to consult the building department.
Will it take long to get a permit?
This depends on your city. Permits for single story additions usually take about a week while second story additions take a little longer.
Is it cheaper to build up or out?
It’s usually cheaper to build up rather than out as less material and labor is needed.
Are room additions worth it?
Yes, room additions are worth it for several reasons including:
- It adds value to your home
- It allows you to meet the needs of your family
- It gives you a chance to be creative
- You’ll enjoy the extra space.
For added monetary value, it’s estimated that:
- A kitchen expansion can bring up to 80% ROI
- A second story addition can bring up to 65% ROI
- A master suite addition can bring up to 80% ROI
- A deck addition can bring up to 70% ROI, and
- A bathroom addition can bring up to 60% ROI
How long will the addition take?
Home additions are quite big projects and thus, time is needed to design before actual work starts. Complexity and size of your project are two main factors that will affect how long the addition will take. Timelines can also change depending on many other factors, including material availability.
To determine the exact timeline for your addition, talk to our team. We’ll be able to estimate how much time each part of the project will need and give you an approximate completion date. This enables you to plan your life in advance. For example, if you need to look for an alternate place to live during the renovations, you will need to pre-plan your arrangements.
Will the room addition add value to my home?
Yes, room additions will usually add to the value of your home and it’s definitely worth considering. A larger space draws higher rentals or property prices which is a big plus.
How involved should my builders be?
We all know that finding the right contractor can be difficult. However, it is essential in the whole process. Ideally, the home builders should be present from the beginning and throughout the construction itself. Look for a company, such as Style and Structure, that is open and communicates with you on everything they do, in addition to being able to work with you on planning, design and construction. It’s much easier to deal with one company than with numerous suppliers and workers.
Do I need an architect or can I go straight to a contractor?
Again, it’s much better to deal with a single company than with several people. Our team at Style and Structure can work with you on the design, and build your desired room addition. We aim to give honest feedback and execute the project perfectly according to the timeline, removing the stress and worry that often comes with renovations.
What is a bump out addition?
A bump out refers to a small but significant addition that works to increase the total square footage of your home – it can be as little as adding two to three feet to the side of your home, or adding a whole room. It doesn’t however, involve building multiple rooms or making complicated layout changes.
What is a good size for a family room addition?
A good sized family room should be able to accommodate six to ten people as well as your choice of furniture. 12 x 18 feet is usually sufficient as there will be ample space for entertaining, seating and lounging around. However, if you have a smaller home, it’s still possible to have a good sized family room with good thoughtful design.